Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want Siri to speak at a set volume all the time

I play my media softly in the background so when I use Siri later it is too soft. Likewise, when I set Siri volume to automatic it is also way too soft. I just want Siri to speak at 85% volume all the time. Is this possible?

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:52 PM

It should be possible.

You can ask Siri to speak louder, quieter, or at a specific volume. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:

• "Speak louder."
  • "Always speak quieter."
  • "Set your volume to 85 percent."

HomePod automatically adjusts Siri's response volume based on the level of noise in the room, your distance from HomePod, and how loudly you're speaking to Siri. You can turn automatic volume on or off by saying, "Hey Siri, turn on automatic Siri volume," or "Hey Siri, turn off automatic Siri volume."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 2:52 PM in response to Robert Alexander5

It should be possible.

You can ask Siri to speak louder, quieter, or at a specific volume. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:

• "Speak louder."
  • "Always speak quieter."
  • "Set your volume to 85 percent."

HomePod automatically adjusts Siri's response volume based on the level of noise in the room, your distance from HomePod, and how loudly you're speaking to Siri. You can turn automatic volume on or off by saying, "Hey Siri, turn on automatic Siri volume," or "Hey Siri, turn off automatic Siri volume."

Mar 30, 2022 10:00 AM in response to Robert Alexander5

Unfortunately this isn’t currently possible. It used to be previously when we could set Siri’s volume separate from the media volume. But Apple removed that feature and replaced it with two options:

A. Either allow Siri’s volume to be set “automagically” based upon ambient noise, how loud you speak, etc (which doesn’t actually work as you’ve seen), or …

B. Siri’s volume is always the same as the media volume.

The problem when you have option A set is that when you give Siri any of the commands that the other poster recommended from the Apple Support article it only works that one time. Any subsequent commands to Siri and it will revert back to its “automagically” determined volume which is generally too low. So you either have to constantly wrestle with Siri by telling her to “Speak up” repeatedly … or you have to give up on playing music softly in the background if you ever want to actually hear her responses.

I want Siri to speak at a set volume all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.