Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari macOS Monterey won't recognize a website I need to access

I updated to Monterey Version 12.2.1 a couple weeks ago and one website I access it won't recognize.

When I use my iPhone or another laptop, I can open the website and use it through my login.

I get an error message on this MacBook "account not found" although I go through all the security checks on the website and still not recognizing. I called the website contact info and they can see my account so they asked me to use another laptop or phone. I did both and I can access this one website through them. It's only through this MacBook that I can't access. It started when I updated to Monterey version 12.2.1.

All the other websites I log into I can access fine. It's only one.

Any help would be appreciated. I need to use it on this MacBook.

MacBook Pro 2020

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 11:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 19, 2022 12:39 PM in response to Caree

Hello Caree,

Let's get that website working on your MacBook again. Thanks for sharing all that you have tried so far, you've done some good troubleshooting already. You do mention you have installed macOS 12.2.1 and Apple just released macOS 12.3 version. So you will want to consider updating the software. Trying to access the website using a Private Window is a good step to give a try.

Test with a private window A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view the website in a private window: Choose File > New Private Window.
If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data from your Mac. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.2. Click Manage Website Data.3. Select the affected website from the list shown.4. Click Remove.5. Click Done.6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.You can find these and other steps to try in the article If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as expected.

These steps above and suggestions in the article shared should help you to resolve the issue you are having with this one website.

Have a great day!

Mar 24, 2022 2:12 PM in response to Dorain1

Thank you for your response. I tested in a private window like you suggested and I'm able to use the website fine in a private window. I then removed the website's data from my Mac by following your steps Safari>Preferences> Manage Website Data> selected affected website> click remove> done and opened the website in a non private window. It still is giving me the same problem. Weird!!

I guess I can use it in a private window I will have to remember to do that when I use this specific website.

Thank you for your reply!

Safari macOS Monterey won't recognize a website I need to access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.