Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add apps to kids watch

My husband set up my child’s watch to be a family managed watch- so my husband set up my sons phone. My son’s Apple ID is signed in on the watch. He can browse the App Store. But when he tried to download an app it spins back to Apple ID verification even though I’ve put in the correct pw. How do you allow a child to upload apps to their watch?

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:48 PM

Your first sentence is very confusing. Are your son and child the same person? If so, and your son has an iPhone then how did your husband setup your son's watch to be "family managed"? Did he use this:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

He could have instead just paired the watch to his son's iPhone. With Family Setup, your family member who doesn't have their own iPhone can use their Apple Watch to do [basic] things like make phone calls, send messages, and share their location with you. Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 2:48 PM in response to I_am_startingtohateApple

Your first sentence is very confusing. Are your son and child the same person? If so, and your son has an iPhone then how did your husband setup your son's watch to be "family managed"? Did he use this:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

He could have instead just paired the watch to his son's iPhone. With Family Setup, your family member who doesn't have their own iPhone can use their Apple Watch to do [basic] things like make phone calls, send messages, and share their location with you. Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

Add apps to kids watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.