Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad is on activtion lock and I need help

My iPad is on activation lock and I need help.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Where did you get this iPad? Did you buy a used iPad? If you are the original buyer see this link --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you are not the original buyer and you purchased a used iPad, you cannot remove Activation Lock yourself and Apple won't help you either. Only the person who put the lock on the iPad can remove it. If you don't know them or they are unwilling/incapable of removing Activation Lock, get your money back or recycle the iPad responsibly.

Provide more details and we can better advise you.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 4:07 PM in response to shyguygamer

Where did you get this iPad? Did you buy a used iPad? If you are the original buyer see this link --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you are not the original buyer and you purchased a used iPad, you cannot remove Activation Lock yourself and Apple won't help you either. Only the person who put the lock on the iPad can remove it. If you don't know them or they are unwilling/incapable of removing Activation Lock, get your money back or recycle the iPad responsibly.

Provide more details and we can better advise you.

Mar 18, 2022 4:32 PM in response to shyguygamer

OK.....Did you click the link I provided above (words in blue, entitled "How to remove Activation Lock?" It provides the directions you need to remove Activation Lock. If you don't understand them or can't follow them, you'll need to show Apple the Original Purchase receipt which shows the iPad Serial Number on it for Apple to help you.

Mar 18, 2022 4:38 PM in response to shyguygamer

It is not clear if you purchased this used ~eight years ago, or new.

if used… You have seemingly purchased what is indistinguishable from and effectively a lost or stolen iPad, and have here encountered a mechanism known as Activation Lock. Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, and is thus not easy to bypass.

Because you are asking for help here and not asking the seller for assistance or a refund, you’ve unfortunately been scammed. And after ~eight years, the seller is likely long gone anyway…

We can’t help you bypass Activation Lock, and—absent the original purchase receipt from Apple or an authorized reseller showing the serial number or other purchase or legal paperwork you undoubtedly don’t have, the device will be forever unusable by you or others.

Recycle it.

If you do happen to have the original purchase receipt, contact Apple Support.

my iPad is on activtion lock and I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.