Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on MacBook Pro won't show on Apple TV

I have 2021 MacBook Pro. I copy/pasted my photo file from my old Mac to new MacBook Pro. the file is around 825GB. I am also using the Apple TV 4K. I have both connected to the same wifi network. I set up Home Sharing on the MacBook and checked to box to share photos with Apple TV. In the the photos app in preferences I set the photo file as the system file. In the Apple TV, when I go to the app to view the shared media; music and movies show up, but when I select the photos tab I get a message that there are no photos in my library. The photos app on my Macbook shows all of the photos. 169,354 photos, and 7,911 videos, but they aren't sharing to my Apple TV. I was counting on the new MacBook to be able to share photos to my Apple TV. Can anyone suggest anything ? Thanks in advance..

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 2:00 AM

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 19, 2022 4:32 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks Tony. It is set as system library. After 15-20 minutes the photos were available to view on Apple TV. I don't know if the file size (825gb) is the problem or if restarting the Apple TV a couple times helped. Either way, it is disappointing how difficult and unreliable it is to be able view the photos on the Apple TV. After spending $4,800 on the MacBook I was hoping for a smoother ride. Thanks

Photos on MacBook Pro won't show on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.