Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'AT&T cellular plan ready to be installed

Hello everyone,

I have iPad Pro 12.9 with all the latest updates installed.

I looked at the cellular plans that were available for it and ever since that a message saying 'AT&T cellular plan ready to be installed' persistently reappears in the Settings. I dismiss it every time but the next time I unlock the iPad it's there. I turn off Cellular data but, alas, the message pops up every time when I unlock the iPad. I noticed that when I dismiss the message, the Cellular data was 'magically' turned on without me doing so.

I've been on the phone with Apple Support and the only solution they offered was a hard reset.

Online search brings up a discussion from 2015 where I could not find a working solution as well.

Anyone having the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks a bunch

Kpacu

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:24 AM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2022 2:21 AM in response to Kpacu

Questions and thoughts:

Did you buy your iPad from AT&T?

Do you have an AT&T SIM card inserted in your iPad? I f so, is it unlocked from AT&T?

Does your iPad have eSIM?

If it is unlocked from AT&T, then I would try out a few things. I’d put in another old cellular carrier’s SIM card and turn off cellular.

Or I’d buy a new SIM card from another carrier.

Or If I had eSIM I’d buy a plan from another carrier. For instance, I have an eSIM plan for $10 a month because I use Wi-Fi all the time but keep this cheap cellular for backup, etc.

Mar 19, 2022 10:47 PM in response to Sswsand

Hi Sswsand,

Thank you for your time trying to help.

It's an unlocked iPad, bought it from eBay, the seller says it was never activated. There is no SIM card in the tray and I assume there is an eSIM.

The whole point is that I'm not ready to add a cellular plan just yet and it's a borderline harassment on the part of Apple or ATT to show me this message.

Thanks,

K

Mar 19, 2022 11:05 PM in response to Kpacu

Here is AT&T Tech Support: https://www.att.com/support/topic/wireless/

How about getting and inserting an old SIM card-not AT&T-then turn off cellular. The previous owner must have bought the iPad through AT&T as a Carrier.

I had bought an AT&T cheap Moto cell phone, in the past, to use only as an ereader apps. It too, had the annoying message too. I thre away the SIM card and turned off cellular and deleted anything AT&T on it. The message is gone. But since it was an AT&T phone, it would have to be used as cellular through them for a couple of years before an unlock.

So maybe contact AT&T to fix their annoying message on your iPad.

Good luck!

'AT&T cellular plan ready to be installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.