Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding debit/credit card to wallet on device owned by 14-year old.

My teen daughter (14-year old) is not able to add any cards to her Apple wallet. She has her own bank account with debit card. She is on supported device and region. When trying to add any card to wallet, "account not supported" message appears (she is part of Apple Family setup with me as parent).

I found this question asked here many times. Unfortunately no answers provided! Maybe this time :).

W.o.w. to however's trying to answer this, please don't bother sending me to this link: Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support or this link: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay - Apple Support. Those are not helpful.

Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 7:44 AM

Hi,

I don't think the problem is with this card or any other for that matter, as we don't even reach the point of choosing one. As soon as she clicks + icon, inside Wallet application, she gets an error message ("Cannot Add Card") saying: "Payment cards are not supported for this account."

BTW. She is using that card everywhere else. So this is not problem with the card or her bank.

Thanks.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Omar_A1

Hi,

I don't think the problem is with this card or any other for that matter, as we don't even reach the point of choosing one. As soon as she clicks + icon, inside Wallet application, she gets an error message ("Cannot Add Card") saying: "Payment cards are not supported for this account."

BTW. She is using that card everywhere else. So this is not problem with the card or her bank.

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2022 7:20 AM in response to marcin_c

Hey marcin_c,

We'll be happy to help out with not being able to add cards to Wallet.

Which device does your daughter have and which iOS version is she on? You can find the model and iOS version using these links:

Identify your iPhone model

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Also, is she signed in with iCloud? Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support.

Keep us updated.

Mar 20, 2022 7:59 AM in response to marcin_c

Hey marcin_c,

You mentioned that she is a part of your Family Sharing group. Some Apple ID settings and features work differently for children. Are you located in a country/region referenced in the "About settings and features for kids" section of this support article: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

The next best step may be to reach out to Apple Support directly for a closer look: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Mar 20, 2022 7:33 AM in response to marcin_c

Marcin_c,

Thank you for those details.

Can you provide a few more details. Were you able to complete all of the steps outlined in the articles you mentioned?

If so, were you able to reach out to the bank and verify that card is supported?

If you see the message "Could Not Add Card" or "Invalid Card," contact your bank or card issuer.

Cheers!

Adding debit/credit card to wallet on device owned by 14-year old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.