Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore only apps

Dear all, I have been using iPhone X with 256GB and I had used 180GB of it. It is now stolen but I had its backup on my mac. I want to restore this back on my old iPhone 6S which has only 64GB and it is denying because the space is not enough. Now I just want to restore only the apps and leave the photos and music. How can I make it?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 8:19 AM

You cannot do it by restoring a backup. You cannot restore individual pieces of a backup, it is either all or none. You cannot restore the backup of a larger iPhone to a smaller capacity iPhone. It just won't work. If all you want back are your apps, then you will have to redownload them from the App Store, until you get a device that matches or is larger capacity than the original phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Polyphile

You cannot do it by restoring a backup. You cannot restore individual pieces of a backup, it is either all or none. You cannot restore the backup of a larger iPhone to a smaller capacity iPhone. It just won't work. If all you want back are your apps, then you will have to redownload them from the App Store, until you get a device that matches or is larger capacity than the original phone.

Restore only apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.