Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One Premier Family Plan

I appreciate that the iCloud part of this does not give each family member 2TB or iCloud storage; but supposing I only share it with one family member. Does that mean we both get a fifth of 2TB each or do we get half of it each?

This is important to me as I am thinking of consolidating what I'm paying for already, which includes a full 2TB of iCloud storage. I am not sure 400GB would supply my needs and I wouldn't want to pay for 1200GB nobody can access unless I find three more people. And if we get 1TB each, what happens if I later do find 3 more people?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:16 AM

When you share iCloud Storage, everyone in your Family Sharing has access to the storage. If they currently have only the 5GB plan, they are automatically added to the shared plan but if they are currently paying for a larger plan, they have the option to continue with their current plan or to switch to the shared plan. The only option that you have is to share or not to share -- you can't select only one family member to share with.

Also, everyone has access to all of the unused storage in the shared plan. There is no way for you to allocate how much storage each person gets.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:16 AM in response to frannbug

When you share iCloud Storage, everyone in your Family Sharing has access to the storage. If they currently have only the 5GB plan, they are automatically added to the shared plan but if they are currently paying for a larger plan, they have the option to continue with their current plan or to switch to the shared plan. The only option that you have is to share or not to share -- you can't select only one family member to share with.

Also, everyone has access to all of the unused storage in the shared plan. There is no way for you to allocate how much storage each person gets.

Mar 19, 2022 1:24 PM in response to frannbug

Yes they do. Their storage is still under their own Apple ID; only the amount of storage available and the billing change.

Also see the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

Apple One Premier Family Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.