Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHAT IF WATER DAMAGED MY TOUCH SCREEN

Help!!!

I dropped my iphone xs into the bathtub for approximately 2 seconds. (just plain water no soap or anything)

touch screen is non responsive except the first half a second the phone is trying to unlock. (its a miracle if i get passed the passcode honestly it seems)

ive thought about guided access but cant really get to it after an hour of trying.

put it in rice overnight and had a fan on the lightning port as well

Going to take out the sim card now and see if that does anything.

Any other ideas to try and fix this without a computer. im on my xbox atm.

I do have a computer with itunes but its not mine and not accessible to me during the day time.

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:21 AM

You almost certainly need a new phone.

All rice will do is block the Lightning port. Even if the phone dried out it would fail in the near future.

You should reach out to Apple Support directly for replacement options. You should be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 10:21 AM in response to LVSURF1986

You almost certainly need a new phone.

All rice will do is block the Lightning port. Even if the phone dried out it would fail in the near future.

You should reach out to Apple Support directly for replacement options. You should be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mar 19, 2022 12:08 PM in response to LD150

Solved myself. i cant turn off my iPhone XS.

How to turn off iPhone XS without touch screen??

i have water damaged my screen and touch sensor. I believe I need to air out my phone for a day and turn it off so no more damage occurs.

i have read all the guides on here but, it seems to me no matter how long i hold down the power button after the 2 volume buttons it always restarts the phone.

if I hold it just to where it turns off it still restarts.

if I hold it to the apple logo still restarts. Ive tried shorter holds on the power as well but, to no avail, it just sits there and does nothing.

WHAT IF WATER DAMAGED MY TOUCH SCREEN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.