Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All photos are not being backed up to icloud

All photos are not being backed up to icloud - my phone’s photos app showing around 8500 photos and 600 videos but when I backed them up to iCloud, it says back up done but I could only see ~4000 photos and ~250 videos. What is going wrong here ?

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:23 AM

The photos that you can view at iCloud.com are not from iCloud Backup. They are synced via iCloud Photos. Doing an iCloud Backup will not add to the photos that you can see at iCloud.com but if you have iCloud Photos turned on in your device they should sync automatically after any change (new photo, deleting, edit) and the numbers should be the same. It may take some time for the original sync and the sync status should show if you open the Photos app and scroll to the bottom of the Library.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 11:23 AM in response to VamsyThalluri

The photos that you can view at iCloud.com are not from iCloud Backup. They are synced via iCloud Photos. Doing an iCloud Backup will not add to the photos that you can see at iCloud.com but if you have iCloud Photos turned on in your device they should sync automatically after any change (new photo, deleting, edit) and the numbers should be the same. It may take some time for the original sync and the sync status should show if you open the Photos app and scroll to the bottom of the Library.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

All photos are not being backed up to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.