Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods disconnect when I turn off my Apple Watch timer.

I use my Apple Watch to time my rests between sets at the gym while listening to music or podcasts through my AirPods, and whenever the timer goes off on my watch and I stop it, one of several things happens:

1) The audio stops, and when I manually resume it, it plays through my phone speakers instead of my AirPods

2) The audio automatically resumes through my phone speakers instead of my AirPods

3) The audio has to be manually restarted but correctly resumes through the AirPods

4) The audio automatically resumes through my AirPods (how it should happen)

There is no rhyme or reason to which of these four things will happen every time the timer goes off, and it’s pretty annoying to have to sort it out every other minute at the gym. I would’ve thought that since I’m using all Apple products, this wouldn’t happen.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:43 PM

Inflamator Said:

"AirPods disconnect when I turn off my Apple Watch timer. [...]There is no rhyme or reason to which of these four things will happen every time the timer goes off, and it’s pretty annoying to have to sort it out every other minute at the gym. I would’ve thought that since I’m using all Apple products, this wouldn’t happen. "

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods/Apple Watch Paring:

A. Update your Apple Watch:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Updates fix bigs like this, and include new features.

B. Try Re-Pairing these:

Unpair, and then pair, these from and to, your Apple Watch, respectively.

Go Here: Use AirPods and Other Bluetooth Accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:43 PM in response to Inflamator

Inflamator Said:

"AirPods disconnect when I turn off my Apple Watch timer. [...]There is no rhyme or reason to which of these four things will happen every time the timer goes off, and it’s pretty annoying to have to sort it out every other minute at the gym. I would’ve thought that since I’m using all Apple products, this wouldn’t happen. "

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods/Apple Watch Paring:

A. Update your Apple Watch:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Updates fix bigs like this, and include new features.

B. Try Re-Pairing these:

Unpair, and then pair, these from and to, your Apple Watch, respectively.

Go Here: Use AirPods and Other Bluetooth Accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

AirPods disconnect when I turn off my Apple Watch timer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.