Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Playlist in Apple Music

Besides listening to popular music on Apple Music, I create a playlist in my account each week because I am a Cantor at my Church. I use this Playlist to rehearse the Hymns for a few days before the Church Service. My Question: Sometimes, after I create a Playlist and corresponding description, Apple Music changes MY Playlist Title and Description to the first Song / Recording in the List. Why is this Happening? It does not occur every time, but when it does, I have to search for the Playlist, locate it, change the Playlist Name and Description again. Sometimes this happen multiple times in one week with one play list! Frustrating! Thank you for and help you can Provide ----Rick

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 5:59 PM

Are you sure you are giving the playlist a name when you create it? See the 'Create a playlist on your Mac or PC' section in:

How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 20, 2022 10:50 AM in response to javaliga

Yes, I enter the Playlist name (which includes the date), and then enter a description, which includes the hymn / song and place it will be sung, and click OK on the description box. After leaving the playlist (on occasion), the name of the playlist will revert to the Artists Name of the initial hymn / song. The description is also wiped out. This only happens once in a while - not every time. It is frustrating, because I like to track what songs we have done for a particular date/event.

Creating a Playlist in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.