Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can hackers access codes through my iPhone?

Hey, I’ve been getting iMessages of verification codes for iCloud and google home. I believe someone is trying to hack into my accounts. Can they access these codes through my phone? What is my best next step in order to be extra careful that I don’t get hacked and for some peace of mind. Should I delete the messages?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:41 PM

Google sends codes to your email, or as SMS text, never as an iMessage

Appleid 2 factor authentication codes are sent as encrypted iCloud notifications, not texts (unless specifically requested by you to send to your backup telephone number). See the example image notification in -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

So those sound like scams to me. Do any of those messages have active links (URLs) to click on? That’s a dead giveaway it’s a phishing scam.

I would delete those messages. If they are SMS texts, forward them to your carriers spam reporting short code (usually SPAM or 7726). If there is a number in the ID add them to blocked contacts on your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 4:41 PM in response to Sam_D4

Google sends codes to your email, or as SMS text, never as an iMessage

Appleid 2 factor authentication codes are sent as encrypted iCloud notifications, not texts (unless specifically requested by you to send to your backup telephone number). See the example image notification in -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

So those sound like scams to me. Do any of those messages have active links (URLs) to click on? That’s a dead giveaway it’s a phishing scam.

I would delete those messages. If they are SMS texts, forward them to your carriers spam reporting short code (usually SPAM or 7726). If there is a number in the ID add them to blocked contacts on your device.

Can hackers access codes through my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.