Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone xr battery health issue

2 days ago battery life showing 84% and today showing 78% this is very fast decreasing battery health. Also i communicate with apple advisor they checked diagnosis of my iPhone.

they said your iPhone is in normal condition and it perfectly well.

so why battery health decreased by 6%? That’s my question.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:09 PM

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. Your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

Your iPhone’s battery is a consumable part. It will decrease in health even if the rest of the iPhone works perfectly. At some point when the battery health reaches close to 80% then it becomes unstable and at times fails to provide enough power for peak performance. You should have the battery replaced.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 10:09 PM in response to dipen2606

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. Your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

Your iPhone’s battery is a consumable part. It will decrease in health even if the rest of the iPhone works perfectly. At some point when the battery health reaches close to 80% then it becomes unstable and at times fails to provide enough power for peak performance. You should have the battery replaced.

Axel F.

iPhone xr battery health issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.