You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 battery life

i charged my phone 1:30pm then in 2:30 its already 80% but i checked again in 3:30pm its only 84% then i cheched again in 4:19pm its 88% only why is it like that? My phone is only 3mos old do i need to use my warranty for this prob? Thank you

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:56 AM

There is nothing wrong with our iPhone and the charging circuit. The iPhone charges fast up to 80% and then the speed slows down for the balance of the 20% (total of 100%). This is part of the battery maintenance and longevity.

You probably also have Optimized Battery Charging set to ON. You can turn this setting to OFF if you want your battery charged straight to 100%. To do that, open Settings ➡️ Battery ➡️ Battery Health ➡️ Optimized Battery Charging: Set this to OFF.

More information on Optimized Battery Charging 👉 HERE.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2022 2:56 AM in response to konyss

There is nothing wrong with our iPhone and the charging circuit. The iPhone charges fast up to 80% and then the speed slows down for the balance of the 20% (total of 100%). This is part of the battery maintenance and longevity.

You probably also have Optimized Battery Charging set to ON. You can turn this setting to OFF if you want your battery charged straight to 100%. To do that, open Settings ➡️ Battery ➡️ Battery Health ➡️ Optimized Battery Charging: Set this to OFF.

More information on Optimized Battery Charging 👉 HERE.

Axel F.

Mar 20, 2022 3:42 AM in response to konyss

It is normal for charging to slow down when it reaches 80% battery capacity. But this is really too slow. Try charging your phone with another original Apple cable. If the problem persists, turn off optimized charging. If that doesn't help either, I think there's a hardware problem and you probably need a warranty to accept the claim. Repairing at your own expense would probably not pay off at all with such an old phone.

iphone 13 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.