Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face id with mask isn't available to iphone 11 pro max devices

i'm have iphone 11 pro max and do wondering why apple doesn't support face id with mask and i saw it's urgent and recommended feature and must be so please think twice to make it available to Iphone 11 pro max at least and consider it valuable device

hope to resolve my complaint as soon as impossible because i'm always wearing a mask and according of failure face id login i think truly to crack my phone :D

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Mar 30, 2022 1:05 PM in response to valor5

Hello again valor5, sorry for the late reply.

As of right now, I do not think so. Please remember that the iPhone 11 was designed before the COVID-19 Pandemic, so, obviously, the technology in that sensor is not ready or straight up not compatible with masks.

The iPhone 12 and 13 series, however, were designed during the COVID-19 Pandemic, which results in FaceID sensors that can scan your face with a mask on.

If an update is going to come, it will take some time, but as of right now, chances are pretty low. Sorry!

Best regards,

dotec

Face id with mask isn't available to iphone 11 pro max devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.