Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "Set" the date (and time) of a selection of photos.

Hi-

I'm reasonably new to photos and have started organizing my collection stretching back years.

I'd like to know how to "Set" the time for a group of photos.

For example - I have a bunch of photos imported for an event, say, on December 25th, 1999, and I'd like to SET all of the photo dates to this day.

However, in the photos are some already set on this day, some that did not import properly and the date is set to 2022, some that are scanned back in 2013 (with that as the photo date).

So I've tried the standard "ADJUST DATE AND TIME" from the menu. Thing is, it wants to "Adjust" all the photos by the same amount. Not SET THE PHOTOS TO THE SAME **** DAY.

Been pulling my hair out simply trying to figure out how to SET ALL THE PHOTOS IN A SELECTION to the same date.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 8:42 AM

There is no batch changing tool on Photos to set several photos at once to the same date, like we had in iPhoto. The "Adjust Date & Time" tool is meant to fix a clock error in the camera, to shift the date and time of all photos by the same amount.

I am using an Apple Script to set the date and time of scanned photos to the same date and time, with an increment of a minute between successive photos, so they will remain in the same order when sorting them by the date taken.

See: Script: Batch Change the Date and Time to a Fixed Date

When the photos have been taken at the same location as well and need the same titles and keywords, I am using this script: Script: Lift and Stamp all Metadata from one Photo to All Other Selected Photos

To use the scripts, I arrange the photo in an album in the order I want them to appear, then set the date and the location of the first photo as I want it, then select all photos in the album at once and run the script from the scripts menu.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 8:42 AM in response to WestVanPete

There is no batch changing tool on Photos to set several photos at once to the same date, like we had in iPhoto. The "Adjust Date & Time" tool is meant to fix a clock error in the camera, to shift the date and time of all photos by the same amount.

I am using an Apple Script to set the date and time of scanned photos to the same date and time, with an increment of a minute between successive photos, so they will remain in the same order when sorting them by the date taken.

See: Script: Batch Change the Date and Time to a Fixed Date

When the photos have been taken at the same location as well and need the same titles and keywords, I am using this script: Script: Lift and Stamp all Metadata from one Photo to All Other Selected Photos

To use the scripts, I arrange the photo in an album in the order I want them to appear, then set the date and the location of the first photo as I want it, then select all photos in the album at once and run the script from the scripts menu.

Mar 20, 2022 9:48 AM in response to WestVanPete

Launch the Script Editor.app , then open the Preferences for the Script Editor. The General tab of the Preferences has a checkmark to add the Scripts menu to the main menu bar. It will add a cute little icon looking like a parchment scroll, and you can launch your scripts from this menu.

The Help menu in Script editor has a link to the Apple Script Help and an Apple Script user guide.

How to "Set" the date (and time) of a selection of photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.