Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing credit card from my Apple ID

I have a single method of payment on my Apple ID and that is my credit card. How do I remove it without adding another means of payment ?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 2:11 AM

Thank you for your help. As I said, I was unable to remove the credit card from my Apple ID account when accessing it on my iPad. I presumed it was because there was a current subscription listed even though I was trying to cancel that. However I found that if I accessed the account on my iPhone I could delete the card and have no method of payment on the account even though there is a current subscription listed.

I was surprised by this but am happy that I have achieved what I wanted.

Regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 2:11 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your help. As I said, I was unable to remove the credit card from my Apple ID account when accessing it on my iPad. I presumed it was because there was a current subscription listed even though I was trying to cancel that. However I found that if I accessed the account on my iPhone I could delete the card and have no method of payment on the account even though there is a current subscription listed.

I was surprised by this but am happy that I have achieved what I wanted.

Regards

Mar 20, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Dougster77

See the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support is at the end of the article.

Apple ID - If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID  

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to remove it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. If you have a subscription, you need to add the new card, and then promote it to the primary payment method before you can remove the old card.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

Removing credit card from my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.