Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac will not update at all

My old 2008 Mac 8,1 running snow leopard will not install any updates, I've tried manually downloading and installing but just won't let me. This was after I had reinstalled snow leopard after wiping the drive. Someone please point me towards an answer.

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 1:10 PM

What is the exact error you are recieving when trying to use software update? Do you actually have 10.6.0 installed and not 10.6.3? Apple and about this Mac will tell you what version you are running. Here is 10.6.1.Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update And here is the 10.6.8 combo update.Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 If you are able to upgrade to 10.6.8 you can upgrade to El Capitan if you want.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 1:10 PM in response to el-dorito

What is the exact error you are recieving when trying to use software update? Do you actually have 10.6.0 installed and not 10.6.3? Apple and about this Mac will tell you what version you are running. Here is 10.6.1.Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update And here is the 10.6.8 combo update.Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 If you are able to upgrade to 10.6.8 you can upgrade to El Capitan if you want.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

Mar 20, 2022 7:44 PM in response to el-dorito

What version of Snow Leopard do you have? The final version was 10.6.8. Which I believe you can get by going to Apple Support /Downloads. And type in Snow Leopard 10.6.8. It will be a combo update. Requires 10.6.7 If you only have 10.6.3 you will need to update to 10.6.5 first. When you say manually install. Where are you getting the downloads from? Should be able to use the App Store and software updates.

Mac will not update at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.