Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Note Password

Okay the only response to someone else with the issue is that there’s no way to restore iCloud password for a secured locked note. I just want to delete it from my phone. All I can find is how to reset Apple password—not the issue—need to unlock note with an iCloud password which we’ve forgotten. Can anyone help?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:20 PM

kjk Virginia Said:

"Locked Note Password: Okay the only response to someone else with the issue is that there’s no way to restore iCloud password for a secured locked note. I just want to delete it from my phone. All I can find is how to reset Apple password—not the issue—need to unlock note with an iCloud password which we’ve forgotten. Can anyone help?"

-------

Deleting an Item:

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you cannot delete something, then try backing up your iPhone, and then resetting your new iPhone to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPhone:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 4:20 PM in response to kjk Virginia

kjk Virginia Said:

"Locked Note Password: Okay the only response to someone else with the issue is that there’s no way to restore iCloud password for a secured locked note. I just want to delete it from my phone. All I can find is how to reset Apple password—not the issue—need to unlock note with an iCloud password which we’ve forgotten. Can anyone help?"

-------

Deleting an Item:

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you cannot delete something, then try backing up your iPhone, and then resetting your new iPhone to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPhone:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

Mar 20, 2022 5:27 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you. I didn’t need to restore my settings since I somehow was able to delete the old locked note, which actually was synced from my old phone. I’m not sure how I did it my but I wasn’t sure if I was still signed into iCloud online or back in the Notes app on my iPhone (had been switching back & forth saving notes to files and/or deleting). But I did get it to work when suddenly asked if I wanted to use FaceID and it let me permanently delete.

Thank you so much.

Mar 20, 2022 5:57 PM in response to kjk Virginia

kjk Virginia Said:

"Locked Note Password: Thank you. […]I did get it to work when suddenly asked if I wanted to use FaceID and it let me permanently delete.

———-

You are welcome. Excellent job troubleshooting!

Face ID’s Role in this:

If this was deleted by use of Face ID, then it may have been connected to a *login session taking place. Not certain though.

Locked Note Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.