Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix the horizontal lines on my MacBook Pro 13inch 2017 model

Hey Guys,

I've had this issue intermittently occur for the last couple of weeks and its increasingly becoming worse (the horizontal lines seem permanent). There are times where the screen returns to normal and then i close the laptop and the lines reappear. I have taken it to a local service provider who said this is a common problem and there are a lot of issues with this version of MacBook. Online support pages share similar information and say it can be repaired through various techniques (i've tried without success). It's not a screen problem and appears to be the hard drive.

I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and if its repairable?

What are the cost associated?

Do i need a new computer?

Thanks

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:42 AM

Toodaloo wrote:

Hey Guys,
I've had this issue intermittently occur for the last couple of weeks and its increasingly becoming worse (the horizontal lines seem permanent). There are times where the screen returns to normal and then i close the laptop and the lines reappear. I have taken it to a local service provider who said this is a common problem and there are a lot of issues with this version of MacBook. Online support pages share similar information and say it can be repaired through various techniques (i've tried without success).

It's not a screen problem and appears to be the hard drive.

Thanks

?

Sounds like a hardware issue with the display—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"— or see software help

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 5:42 AM in response to Toodaloo

Toodaloo wrote:

Hey Guys,
I've had this issue intermittently occur for the last couple of weeks and its increasingly becoming worse (the horizontal lines seem permanent). There are times where the screen returns to normal and then i close the laptop and the lines reappear. I have taken it to a local service provider who said this is a common problem and there are a lot of issues with this version of MacBook. Online support pages share similar information and say it can be repaired through various techniques (i've tried without success).

It's not a screen problem and appears to be the hard drive.

Thanks

?

Sounds like a hardware issue with the display—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"— or see software help

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

How to fix the horizontal lines on my MacBook Pro 13inch 2017 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.