Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one side of the USB-C cable charges my iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation)

I just found my iPad Pro only charges on 1 side of the cable, but not the other. I tried with the original Apple charger/cable and several other charges/cables already.

I am running iPad OS 15.3.1.

It looks like a hardware issue to me.

Luckily I am still under AppleCare+ but I wonder if this is a common problem and how far worse can it get?

Thanks.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:30 AM

No, to my knowledge that's not a common problem.

Since it seems to come from your device's charging port, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 5:30 AM in response to asiayeah

No, to my knowledge that's not a common problem.

Since it seems to come from your device's charging port, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Only one side of the USB-C cable charges my iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.