Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging block

Why in the world would Apple Not indicate a new charger block would be needed for the SE??

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:00 PM

7 replies

Mar 21, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Vagabond8-

If you have both the charger and cable for an older iPhone you can use them with the new one.

Also see the following from Buy iPhone SE - Apple

What’s in the Box

• iPhone
  • USB-C to Lightning Cable

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone SE does not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current power adapters and headphones that are compatible with this iPhone. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Mar 21, 2022 1:19 PM in response to FoxFifth

That is incorrect; the SE cannot be charged with my iPhone 7S block.

And you are correct that Apple does mention this :"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone SE does not include a power adapter..."; however, that is BOGUS because we have to buy one anyway--how does that help the environment? The energy/oil/road use etc. associated with ordering and having the appropriate block delivered negates what Apple claims to be doing.

What Apple is doing is saving themselves money, while taking more of ours.

Mar 21, 2022 1:30 PM in response to Vagabond8-

Vagabond8- wrote:

And you are correct that Apple does mention this :"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone SE does not include a power adapter..."; however, that is BOGUS because we have to buy one anyway--how does that help the environment? The energy/oil/road use etc. associated with ordering and having the appropriate block delivered negates what Apple claims to be doing.

It helps the environment because people like me, who've had Apple Watches since the very first one, have adapters and cables. And there are lots of us. It's better for the environment if the only people who need to buy the adapter are the ones who are buying an Apple Watch for the first time and who don't have a computer they can charge it with.

Mar 21, 2022 1:42 PM in response to Vagabond8-

Vagabond8- wrote:

Say again? There is no "7S".

But there's no issue with charging from any Apple OEM USB-A or USB-C power adapter, although the older ones may be much slower to the point where it reaches "saturation" where the charge current is reduced. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a 5W "cube", but my wife charges hers primarily with MFi USB-A to Lightning cables and various USB-A power adapters. Most are 2.1 to 2.4A. There's no issue with it other than the charging speed.

Charging block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.