Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont recognize a cd i put in to download

itunes wont recognize cd i put in to download

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 11:50 AM

Is it a commercially produced factory made Audio CD, or a home burnt one?

If it's a home burnt disc, it needs to be in Audio CD format and finalised. Even then, iTunes will not identify the songs on the CD, it will simply list them track 1, track 2, etc. and the album title as an Unknown Album. However, if it's actually a data CD, with audio tracks on it, then you copy those tracks onto your PC (using Windows Explorer) and then use the iTunes command File/Add File (or Folder) to Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 11:50 AM in response to mngsde07

Is it a commercially produced factory made Audio CD, or a home burnt one?

If it's a home burnt disc, it needs to be in Audio CD format and finalised. Even then, iTunes will not identify the songs on the CD, it will simply list them track 1, track 2, etc. and the album title as an Unknown Album. However, if it's actually a data CD, with audio tracks on it, then you copy those tracks onto your PC (using Windows Explorer) and then use the iTunes command File/Add File (or Folder) to Library.

itunes wont recognize a cd i put in to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.