You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my/ apple watch-VERY wrong location, status.

3 Days ago, I inadvertently left my Apple watch about 30 miles away in a known location. It was definitely connected to my iPhone, as of about 9PM that day. I assume it died. I got home, then realized I left the watch somewhere. <Find My> indicated it was in same location as my phone (at my home), as of 11:30-ish PM, that same night, stating that was last known location. Of course, it was NOT. Playing sound also reflected sound was playing, and it was not. How could it- it was not online! The playing sound messaging is FALSE. The location of the watch indicated was Very False, rendering <Find My> not able to "find my___". This service is not usable if it reports incorrect location information to that degree.

Does Find My assume that the location of my apple watch is the same location as my phone, regardless of if it is NOT? I found dead watch yesterday in this location (30 miles away)- so it was NOT with my at 11:30PM when it claims.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 2:32 AM

Same thing is happening with me. My watch died a few days ago and I lost it that night. However, it’s location will update every now and then and show that it’s with me or somewhere I was recently. I don’t have a car and the only thing I have with me usually is my backpack, which I’ve checked thoroughly many times. My watch does not have cellular enabled and I am starting to believe that find my is showing the location of my phone, not my watch.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2022 2:32 AM in response to jc from rv

Same thing is happening with me. My watch died a few days ago and I lost it that night. However, it’s location will update every now and then and show that it’s with me or somewhere I was recently. I don’t have a car and the only thing I have with me usually is my backpack, which I’ve checked thoroughly many times. My watch does not have cellular enabled and I am starting to believe that find my is showing the location of my phone, not my watch.

find my/ apple watch-VERY wrong location, status.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.