Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black lines appear on entire screen 2017 mac pro

I’ve seen others with this issue, black lines have appeared on my screen (no damage, just happened after waking up my computer) and it stops when i close my laptop half way. Tried everything apple has told me so it seems like a hardware issue. Dozens of people with the same problem, is there a recall or anything? These are way too expensive to not have a recall when it’s happening to so many people.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 2:06 PM

Hi!

You have the issue of horizontal lines on your screen. This is caused by heat from the heatsink radiator. The heat melts the display connector, resulting in the lines. Dust buildup blocking the vents is what also causes the issue, and usually cooling down the computer solves the issue. But if that does not solve the issue you need a new display assembly.

Online I have seen that keeping the Mac below 80c prevents the issue from happening. So does thermal paste replacement and cleaning.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 2:06 PM in response to 805hannah

Hi!

You have the issue of horizontal lines on your screen. This is caused by heat from the heatsink radiator. The heat melts the display connector, resulting in the lines. Dust buildup blocking the vents is what also causes the issue, and usually cooling down the computer solves the issue. But if that does not solve the issue you need a new display assembly.

Online I have seen that keeping the Mac below 80c prevents the issue from happening. So does thermal paste replacement and cleaning.

Black lines appear on entire screen 2017 mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.