Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get rid of the Noto font families -- they can't be deleted via FontBook, or deleted from the System library

Can I get rid of the Noto font families -- most are in languages that are not useful to me. They can't be deleted via FontBook, or deleted from the System library. They are taking up a bunch of acreage on my fonts menu, and are a pain to scroll through.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 1:02 PM

shellst...@gmail.com Feb 22, 2020, 10:47:37 AM

to noto-font

These new fonts are Apple OSX system fonts that are auto-installed with the Catalina update. They can't be turned off in Font Book or managed through Creative Cloud applications. They aren't searchable and therefore unable to be manually deleted either.

eric.cam...@gmail.com

unread,

Apr 2, 2020, 11:17:17 PM

to noto-font

Hi, hours trying to delete this. I tried everything on Terminal but with no success. 

But I made something that's maybe will help you... I selected all the fonts that matters with a star in photoshop. Took me 3 minutes and now I only see that selection...

Removing NOTO fonts (google.com)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 1:02 PM in response to Esmeraldah

shellst...@gmail.com Feb 22, 2020, 10:47:37 AM

to noto-font

These new fonts are Apple OSX system fonts that are auto-installed with the Catalina update. They can't be turned off in Font Book or managed through Creative Cloud applications. They aren't searchable and therefore unable to be manually deleted either.

eric.cam...@gmail.com

unread,

Apr 2, 2020, 11:17:17 PM

to noto-font

Hi, hours trying to delete this. I tried everything on Terminal but with no success. 

But I made something that's maybe will help you... I selected all the fonts that matters with a star in photoshop. Took me 3 minutes and now I only see that selection...

Removing NOTO fonts (google.com)

Can I get rid of the Noto font families -- they can't be deleted via FontBook, or deleted from the System library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.