Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Keyboard

If I attach a windows keyboard via USB in my mac, will it function as a windows keyboard (meaning will I be able to use INSERT etc)? Thanks in advance for answering!

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 6:03 PM

Yes, absolutely, It should work just fine for both Windows and Mac. the only real difference, such as it is, is that the Windows Key is the equivalent of the Apple (Command) key.... In addition, you may be able to remap keyboard functions under system preferences > Keyboard.... If it needs special software, there's probably a Mac version of it out there.... I dunno what model or make of keyboard you're talking about though, so I can only give you general suggestions

John B

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 6:03 PM in response to Adriane Carl

Yes, absolutely, It should work just fine for both Windows and Mac. the only real difference, such as it is, is that the Windows Key is the equivalent of the Apple (Command) key.... In addition, you may be able to remap keyboard functions under system preferences > Keyboard.... If it needs special software, there's probably a Mac version of it out there.... I dunno what model or make of keyboard you're talking about though, so I can only give you general suggestions

John B

Mar 22, 2022 3:09 AM in response to Adriane Carl

Hmm… well, i guess it depends on how often you need to use it… here’s how to

remap keys on a Mac ( link)

https://www.passfab.com/mac/insert-key-on-macbook-keyboard.html and here are the rough keyboard equivalents if you’re using a windows keyboard on a Mac : ( link)https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/keyboard-mappings-using-a-pc-keyboard-on-a-macintosh-d4fd87ca-8762-30ee-fcde-08ffe95faea3

hope this helps….

john b

Windows Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.