Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to data migration from one iPhone to a new iPhone anyone else have this issue?

I recently purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro, I am attempting to move my old XS Max data over to that new device.

The only option I have when running the setup assistant is iCloud restore. I don't have all my data on iCloud. I don't want to have to pay more since my device has a good storage size.

No longer see an option to migrate from one device to another. I have both devices near each other, but only ever see an option to only do an iCloud restore.

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 4:56 PM

See this, select the option you wish, and make sure the devices meet the requirements. Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

Unable to data migration from one iPhone to a new iPhone anyone else have this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.