Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Studio Display with PC

Just got the new Studio Display. 90% will be using with my Mac. Was hoping to also use it with my gaming PC. The PC has a displayport cable. I purchased a displayport to USB-C adaptor and plugged it into the Thunderbolt slot. It doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:39 PM

11 replies

Mar 22, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Franck_Lafontaine

Any chance Studio Display will work with RTX 2070? The monitor I have attached to it now is a 3840 x 2160 res with Display Port cable, an LG display. LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD IPS Monitor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGL2WVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I watched the release video of that Studio Display on AppleTV, it looks pretty amazing. I bet it looks better than my Samsung UHD QLED display, my living room television.

Mar 24, 2022 7:46 AM in response to toddcharvey

Hi Todd, Would you mind posting the link?, for me this topic will be a deal breaker, since I need to use the Studio Display for both mac and PC (for work) , looks like Apple support is not yet aware of the details of what can or can't be done and we are sort of guinea pigs right now , I was able to connect my ThinkPad laptop using the thunderbolt, however, that port I use to connect to my docking station that connects to three displays today , trying to replace one of them with the new Studio display, the docking station has a thunderbolt port, however, I can't get that one to talk with the mac display......so I wanted to try the dp from the docking station to studio thunderbolt , it sounds that may not work based on your test, it is really frustrating, other than that, I found the display itself not better than my old iMAc 27" , speakers were a bit of disappointment, they are OK but not great, I really wish they would've included face recognition, they already have in the "lower" ipad family, for the price they are asking, that would've been a nice to have feature......I still have another week to try it , if I can get it to work with my PC, it is going back to its maker :(... I found this one in Amazon that can apparently manage up to 8K, I may try it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VN6B5GR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1PYB0QXU6SOEO&th=1

Studio Display with PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.