Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air model A1474 software version 12.5.5. I can’t update any higher.

I have an IPad Air model 1474 with software version 12.5.5. Apparently many App’s require a software version of 13 or higher. How can I update to a higher software version?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 5:49 PM

You can't on such an old iPad. Your iPad was released in 2013, almost 10 years ago. If you want these apps, your only choice is to retire your very old iPad and buy a newer, more modern iPad, which can run the newer iPadOS versions.

3 replies

Mar 21, 2022 5:52 PM in response to viv225

Hi viv225,

It looks like the iPad model above that you have can not go above iOS 13 or later.

The iPad model is the iPad Air 1st generation, and that iPad can only go up to iOS 12, not iOS 13, 14, or 15.

If you want to upgrade to iOS 12 or later, then you have to get a newer iPad, and it doesn’t have to be new, it can be refurbished, an iPad I will recommend is the iPad 7th generation, it’s very powerful and it has the A10 fusion chip.

I hoped this solves your problem, have a nice day and week.

iPad Air model A1474 software version 12.5.5. I can’t update any higher.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.