Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.4 on Monterey 12.3 cannot access certain websites

Using Safari Version 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.6). After the upgrade from Monterey 12.2 to 12.3 Safari cannot access certain websites on MacBook Pro (early 2015) and Mac mini (2018).

Note that I have no Safari extensions and no content blockers. I have deleted all History to see if that fixes it, but no.

For example, I can access bbc.com and nytimes.com everytime, but abc.net.au - my daily news read - can no longer be accessed. All I get is: "Safari can't open the page "www.abc.net.au/news/" because Safari can't connect to the server "www.abc.net.au"."

Website works just fine on Firefox.

Also, I cannot log into Official Apple Support Community with Safari. After clicking Login link, I get a page that's blank except for the Apple header.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 3:25 PM

The solution to the website access issue was as follows: in Safari | Preferences | Websites I removed all settings relating to abc.net.au (e.g. Reader (was set to off) and Content Blockers (was set to off).

The solution to the Apple Communities login issue was as follows: in Safari | Settings for idmsa.... set Enable Content Blockers to OFF (even though I have no content blockers).

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 3:25 PM in response to Ronasara

The solution to the website access issue was as follows: in Safari | Preferences | Websites I removed all settings relating to abc.net.au (e.g. Reader (was set to off) and Content Blockers (was set to off).

The solution to the Apple Communities login issue was as follows: in Safari | Settings for idmsa.... set Enable Content Blockers to OFF (even though I have no content blockers).

Apr 3, 2022 4:17 PM in response to Thunderclutch

I gave up on Safari 15.4 weeks ago after years of use. After upgrading to Monterey it was horribly slow on start up, and shut down....always got the spinning ball. Websites seemed to take forever to load....or start to load and then freeze for 5-10 seconds before continuing to load.

Cleared cache, history, removed all extensions, cleared some of plists (as suggested by others) and it did nothing to change the problems. I switched to Firefox and it starts fast, loads fast and does not block anything. No lag on website loads.

Using a 2017 iMac 2.3ghz dual core i5, with Monterey 12.3.1, and 16gb of memory.

Just for grins, I tried Safari again today...took almost 30 seconds to load, and there was no change in the lousy performance, and when shut down, the spinning ball went for another 20-30 seconds before it quit.

Until Apple corrects something that is apparently wrong I won't be using Safari. I think their support for desktops are waning since doing any kind of search on Safari 15.4 usually shows a slow of stuff for pads and phones but very little for desktops.

Apr 5, 2022 7:03 AM in response to 515bonner

My wife's iMac desktop, I hardly ever fool with since she uses it strictly for her business. It is a 2016 iMac with a 2.3ghz dual core i5 but because of the age is stuck on Catalina for the OS. I fired up Safari on it yesterday (also 15.4) and did not experience any of the glitches on like mine running Monterey. After clicking icon, immediately filled screen. No lag, stutter or stall on ANY website. And when shutting down, immediately quit. So what is making such a drastic difference between performance between 2 machines, several years apart, with basically same hardware, making Safari run so amok on the Monterey OS but not Catalina????

Safari 15.4 on Monterey 12.3 cannot access certain websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.