Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort email by name

Being new to Mac, I have managed to learn how to sort emails by sender's name in mail app.

My mail box has thousands of messages and I often need to find messages by sender. In my past life (W10), I could do it easily by just typing the first letter of the name I wish to find. However, not sure how to do it in apple mail app.

If any one of us has surpassed this hurdle, would be enlightening to read from them.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:17 PM

Hi there!

Good question! I think these two articles may help you out:

Search for emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If searching doesn’t find the right emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Change preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Please let me or someone else here know if these don’t provide the solution you’re looking for, as I believe there may not be a specific setting for that, as there are in Contacts, but these articles may help out with searching Mac Mail, which works very well, thanks!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 11:17 PM in response to ramitsaxena

Hi there!

Good question! I think these two articles may help you out:

Search for emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If searching doesn’t find the right emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Change preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Please let me or someone else here know if these don’t provide the solution you’re looking for, as I believe there may not be a specific setting for that, as there are in Contacts, but these articles may help out with searching Mac Mail, which works very well, thanks!

Sort email by name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.