Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know what Iphone SE I have? I know the model.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 9:03 AM

There are only 3 iPhone SE models.

The SE 1 is very different to the other 2. Would be very small with 2 lighter color bands bands at the top and the bottom on the back.

Compare iPhone Models - Apple.com

If you bought the SE 2 or SE 3, it will tell you under Settings->General->About->Model. Post it here and we can tell you what model iPhone it is based on that number.

Or use this link with the model number that starts with an A.

Link-> Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Post the model number here, and we can tell you what it is.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 9:03 AM in response to constantin39

There are only 3 iPhone SE models.

The SE 1 is very different to the other 2. Would be very small with 2 lighter color bands bands at the top and the bottom on the back.

Compare iPhone Models - Apple.com

If you bought the SE 2 or SE 3, it will tell you under Settings->General->About->Model. Post it here and we can tell you what model iPhone it is based on that number.

Or use this link with the model number that starts with an A.

Link-> Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Post the model number here, and we can tell you what it is.

Mar 22, 2022 8:42 AM in response to constantin39

If your iPhone SE has aluminum on the back with glass above (camera area) and below (bottom of phone) then you have the iPhone SE first generation. This model has flat sides (iPhone 5 body).

if your iPhone SE has an all glass back then you have the iPhone SE second generation. This model has rounded sides (iPhone 8 body).

The iPhone SE third generation wasn’t announced until this month, so if you purchased it prior to this month then you have an iPhone SE first or second generation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.