Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac is stuck in apple logo loading page during new upade installation

my mac pro 2016 is stuck in apple logo loading page during new update installation

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 7:14 AM

The usual reason you get stuck on that page is that blocks on the disk are Bad, and re-reading them on a rotational magnetic drive can take 1/4 minute EACH, worst case.

Your 2016 MacBook Pro should have an SSD drive, so re-tries should be much quicker, and you should get an error message sooner. However, if the drive suddenly stopped responding, you could get the symptoms you describe.

I sure hope you followed the advice to make a Backup of your files before upgrading, because a MacOS upgrade re-writes more than 350,000 files, and a weak drive can be pushed over the cliff into failure.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 7:14 AM in response to MichaelAmadi

The usual reason you get stuck on that page is that blocks on the disk are Bad, and re-reading them on a rotational magnetic drive can take 1/4 minute EACH, worst case.

Your 2016 MacBook Pro should have an SSD drive, so re-tries should be much quicker, and you should get an error message sooner. However, if the drive suddenly stopped responding, you could get the symptoms you describe.

I sure hope you followed the advice to make a Backup of your files before upgrading, because a MacOS upgrade re-writes more than 350,000 files, and a weak drive can be pushed over the cliff into failure.

my mac is stuck in apple logo loading page during new upade installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.