Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DCIM folder empty

I am not able to see my DCIM folder when I connect my iPhone to PC. I have the latest versions for iOS and iTunes. My PC is authorized and I still cannot see the internal storage. What can I do?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 4:03 PM

If you want to transfer photo to your PC, see this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

OR ➛ (this works on a Windows OS 10 computer) ⤵️

Set iPhone Auto-Lock to Never.

Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.

Click on 'Allow' on iPhone (when asked).         

Go to start -> All apps.

Click on the Photos app

Click 'Import' at the top right of the screen.

Select 'From connected device'.

Then select Apple iPhone

The Import Items screen opens.

Photos from iPhone appear on screen

Select the photos you want to move to your file by clicking the small square in the photo.

Indicate the folder you want to move them to under 'Change destination'.

And then click 'Import' at the bottom of the blue area. After which the photos will be placed in the folder you chose.

There should be photos in the folders.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 4:03 PM in response to ralucaples

If you want to transfer photo to your PC, see this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

OR ➛ (this works on a Windows OS 10 computer) ⤵️

Set iPhone Auto-Lock to Never.

Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.

Click on 'Allow' on iPhone (when asked).         

Go to start -> All apps.

Click on the Photos app

Click 'Import' at the top right of the screen.

Select 'From connected device'.

Then select Apple iPhone

The Import Items screen opens.

Photos from iPhone appear on screen

Select the photos you want to move to your file by clicking the small square in the photo.

Indicate the folder you want to move them to under 'Change destination'.

And then click 'Import' at the bottom of the blue area. After which the photos will be placed in the folder you chose.

There should be photos in the folders.

DCIM folder empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.