Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the last update on my iPhone XR?

I think the latest iOS update is slowing my phone down. How do I remove the latest iOS update?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:44 PM

We can try to help with your real issue, however. The first thing to try is something known to the ancients, and passed down over the centuries. “When in doubt, reboot”. So doing a forced restart accomplishes that:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Let us know if that helps, and also describe where you are seeing slowdowns if they are continuing.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 12:44 PM in response to dkking23

We can try to help with your real issue, however. The first thing to try is something known to the ancients, and passed down over the centuries. “When in doubt, reboot”. So doing a forced restart accomplishes that:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Let us know if that helps, and also describe where you are seeing slowdowns if they are continuing.

May 7, 2022 2:30 PM in response to Carolgwillam

Hello again ~ To turn of automatic updates Settings * General * Software Updates* Automatic Updates * Turn off Download iOS Updates and Install iOS Updates. I however would encourage you to keep your iPhone updated and for me the Automatic Update works best. If you have an issue this is a great place to get help. Since you cannot downgrade….how can we help you?

~Katana-San~

How do I remove the last update on my iPhone XR?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.