Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to iOS 15.4 my Gmail app badges do not work

I don't use sound or banner notifications. Instead I rely on badges. Since updating to iOS 15.4 last week, I no longer receive badge notifications for the gmail app. I have to wonder if other apps are failing to show badges, but gmail is the one I've noticed so far. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the gmail app to no avail. I've restarted my iPhone several times using several methods. Please help!

iPhone SE second gen

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:08 PM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2022 2:20 AM in response to LD150

It's not a user settings issue. I'm talking about the Gmail app, which in iOS 15.4.1 doesn't have a Fetch setting. Something in the iOS update has broken the app's background refresh (or Google made a change on their side last week that caused the issue). So Google either needs to fix their app code or change their server settings.

Since updating to iOS 15.4 my Gmail app badges do not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.