Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my recovery phone number and I can't access my iPhone

I lost my iPhone the number connected to my account is the same phone that was lost I don’t have access to this account how can I gain access again?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:32 AM

Again, your number should not be necessary to unlock your account. If your Apple ID is using 2 factor authentication, then the code should be received on a device that is logged in to the account or a phone number you set to receive the through voice calls or SMS. This phone number should obviously not be your own phone number from your iPhone, it can be a lad line or even a friends or relatives Android phone if necessary.

If you don't have another device to get the code on, and for some reason you set your own number as a trusted phone number, then you need to go through the recovery process.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Otherwise, you will need to explain why you need your phone number, and why you cannot unlock your account, and how exactly you accidentally locked it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Jaydensantiago5

Again, your number should not be necessary to unlock your account. If your Apple ID is using 2 factor authentication, then the code should be received on a device that is logged in to the account or a phone number you set to receive the through voice calls or SMS. This phone number should obviously not be your own phone number from your iPhone, it can be a lad line or even a friends or relatives Android phone if necessary.

If you don't have another device to get the code on, and for some reason you set your own number as a trusted phone number, then you need to go through the recovery process.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Otherwise, you will need to explain why you need your phone number, and why you cannot unlock your account, and how exactly you accidentally locked it.

I lost my recovery phone number and I can't access my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.