Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional monitors with Mac Studio, Mac Pro

My current set up is Mac Pro (older 2009 cheese grater model) that uses an additional 27" monitor. When it arrives, I'll be adding Mac Studio / Monitor to set up. What I'd like to accomplish is a way to switch from Mac Pro using extra monitor to Mac Studio using extra monitor. Is this possible with a switch of some sort? Thanks for advice on how to do, what to purchase.

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Mar 22, 2022 2:24 PM in response to lllaass

Until new Mac Studio and Display arrive, I am at a loss on how to answer.

I probably haven't explained it well. Current Mac Pro uses a direct plug into from 27" extra monitor.

When Studio arrives with Display, I want to be able to incorporate the extra 27 monitor to share between the 2 computers. Maybe too much to hope for.

Mar 23, 2022 1:44 AM in response to bizpat

That is a VGA input and it appears y only have one input on the 27".

You can try a switch like this.

https://www.amazon.com/MT-VIKI-Switch-Video-Selector-Switcher/dp/B0881SFZMN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=vga%2Bswitch&qid=1648024811&sr=8-4&th=1

But not that as Grant already said, sometimes the switch does not maintain connection when using the other computer and it will not reconnect when switched.

Additional monitors with Mac Studio, Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.