Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 Macbook Pro Hard Drive Adapter

Hello,

I have an early 2015 13-inch retina Macbook pro that has recently crashed.

Is there an external adapter that will allow me to work with this model SSD, so that I can download my files to a new mac? I have the hard drive already removed from the old mac.

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 5:27 PM

Have you explored Target Disk Mode? The code to support this feature is in the computer's ROM, so it does NOT have to be properly bootable:

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 22, 2022 4:49 PM in response to dmlcschmidt

dmlcschmidt wrote:

Hello,

I have an early 2015 13-inch retina Macbook pro that has recently crashed.

Is there an external adapter that will allow me to work with this model SSD, so that I can download my files to a new mac? I have the hard drive already removed from the old mac.

Thank you!

Macsales/OWC is well ahead of the curve all things Mac, if anybody has an adapter they will.

excellent customer support.

https://eshop.macsales.com/Service/

See all MacSales/OWC partners/ reseller around the world:

https://www.owcdigital.com/reseller/resellers

Mar 24, 2022 7:14 PM in response to dmlcschmidt

OWC has the Envoy Pro Enclosure for the Apple proprietary PCIe SSDs. Hopefully the SSD or file system is not the part that is broken.

You should always have frequent and regular backups of your computer and all external media (including the cloud) which contains important & unique data. It is impossible to recover accidentally deleted data from an SSD after the Trash has been emptied, plus an SSD can fail at any time without any warning signs (even a brand new SSD). Waiting until a problem arises to backup your data usually results in data loss.

2015 Macbook Pro Hard Drive Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.