Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover the hundreds of songs I purchased on Itunes. I purchased an IPhone 8s a few years ago the music did not transfer to my new phone

tid1bit

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 4:05 PM

Your music library should be housed in the iTunes program on your computer. That is where you backup your iTunes library/purchases, etc. You would then sync your music library to your new device. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If you do not have your iTunes on the computer, then you will need to re-download the content individually.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 4:05 PM in response to tid1bit

Your music library should be housed in the iTunes program on your computer. That is where you backup your iTunes library/purchases, etc. You would then sync your music library to your new device. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If you do not have your iTunes on the computer, then you will need to re-download the content individually.

May 2, 2022 9:17 AM in response to kewgr

As I said, your music library should be in your iTunes on the computer. If you were using iTunes match, they would have been replaced when you uploaded that library to iTunes. How music sync on the iPhone works depends on how you managed it. Now they have Apple Music, their subscription version, and your music is all streamed, unless you decide to download something. Music you ripped to iTunes from CDs or other sources should still be on your computer in your iTunes library. Then syncing to your library is how you get them back.

How did you get music on the iPhone 8 a few years ago if it did not transfer? Where did you get this My Girl that you said is not your original?

How do I recover the hundreds of songs I purchased on Itunes. I purchased an IPhone 8s a few years ago the music did not transfer to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.