Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to manually restart my MacBook

I need assistance restarting my mac

what buttons do I press?

shift + control + command + power ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:55 PM

MacBookrestart1234 Said:

"I need to manually restart my MacBook: I need assistance restarting my mac what buttons do I press? shift + control + command + power ?"

--------

Performing a Manual Restart...

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Restart
  3. Click: Restart button

If your Mac is Stalled:

Is your Mac stalled? If so, get to the Apple menu and select "Restart...". If you are stuck in a stalled window, then you need to get to Finder. To do so, perform as I've instructed in my User Tip: [command+tab] Use it to Access your Mac when Something is Not Responding - Apple Support. Once you are in Finder, see if you can then perform a shutdown.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 8:55 PM in response to MacBookrestart1234

MacBookrestart1234 Said:

"I need to manually restart my MacBook: I need assistance restarting my mac what buttons do I press? shift + control + command + power ?"

--------

Performing a Manual Restart...

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Restart
  3. Click: Restart button

If your Mac is Stalled:

Is your Mac stalled? If so, get to the Apple menu and select "Restart...". If you are stuck in a stalled window, then you need to get to Finder. To do so, perform as I've instructed in my User Tip: [command+tab] Use it to Access your Mac when Something is Not Responding - Apple Support. Once you are in Finder, see if you can then perform a shutdown.

I need to manually restart my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.