Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset iphone back like new from store

bought iphone off line cant activate it without account linked to phone how do i reset it back like new from store

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:35 PM

rebel241 Said:

"reset iphone back like new from store: bought iphone off line cant activate it without account linked to phone how do i reset it back like new from store"

-------

This is a Used Item that you Purchased?

If so, I'd say you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

So, what to do...

• Take this Up with the Original Owner:

This is a user-to-user support forum - no one here can change any of that. So, contact the original owner, and have them log out of it. If they cannot log out of it, then it is useless to you.

• If Purchased Off of a Web site (i.e. eBay)

Contact the site, and ask that the seller be held accountable and that you get your money back.

• Take this as a Learning Experience:

The next time you purchase an Appledevice, then make sure that you can log into it. For an iPhone, have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to hading over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 10:35 PM in response to rebel241

rebel241 Said:

"reset iphone back like new from store: bought iphone off line cant activate it without account linked to phone how do i reset it back like new from store"

-------

This is a Used Item that you Purchased?

If so, I'd say you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

So, what to do...

• Take this Up with the Original Owner:

This is a user-to-user support forum - no one here can change any of that. So, contact the original owner, and have them log out of it. If they cannot log out of it, then it is useless to you.

• If Purchased Off of a Web site (i.e. eBay)

Contact the site, and ask that the seller be held accountable and that you get your money back.

• Take this as a Learning Experience:

The next time you purchase an Appledevice, then make sure that you can log into it. For an iPhone, have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to hading over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

reset iphone back like new from store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.