Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta with old 32 bit apps?

On the new M1 computers, can Rosetta run the older 32 bit apps? I read that it can operate intel apps but have not seen anything about 32 vs 64 bit.

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:07 AM

Richard Pitcairn wrote:

On the new M1 computers, can Rosetta run the older 32 bit apps? I read that it can operate intel apps but have not seen anything about 32 vs 64 bit.

No.

With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Richard Pitcairn

Richard Pitcairn wrote:

No.

With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

Rosetta with old 32 bit apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.