You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally marked all my emails as junk - Nuclear bomb to emails!

I accidentally marked all my emails as junk for the second time in 2 years! I-phone buttons for "Mark as Read " and "Mark as Junk" are too close together, and there is no safety net. Apple -please fix this!!

Marking as Junk permanently destroys your emails. I was able to mark most junk emails as Not Junk - and move most back to inbox, but now my emails are filtered out by COMCAST (ISP) so new emails from trusted senders never get to me. All the moved emails no longer show up in email searches (maybe metadata is lost?). I had to change my email and use a new ISP (Google) to get emails from same senders.

The last time I did this, I tried multiple times to mark all as not junk, on my iphone, which only does a couple hundred at a time, so I tried more than10 times. I later learned this created more than ten mostly complete copies of all emails saved from multiple years, which then overloaded the Xfinity file size limit, resulting in a lock up and permanent loss of ALL emails. I had to reset my account , delete everything and start over. I lost a lot of valuable data.

Is there any way to correct the filtering of emails from the ISP so good emails are not treated as spam? I don't see any options or safe sender lists in Xfinity / Comcast settings to address this. I called Xfinity customer support, but they were clueless how to reverse the impact of this Apple iphone created problem.

How do we get Apple to fix this problem to prevent it re-occurring? Maybe add a message: "Do you really want to move everything in your mailbox to Junk and never be able to talk to those senders again? If so, tap here...".

I just got a new iPhone but will switch to Android in next cycle if not addressed.

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:39 AM

joeyboat wrote:

I accidentally marked all my emails as junk for the second time in 2 years! I-phone buttons for "Mark as Read " and "Mark as Junk" are too close together, and there is no safety net. Apple -please fix this!!

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for suggestions or feedback. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

I just got a new iPhone but will switch to Android in next cycle if not addressed.

You should always buy whatever tool best meets your needs. But, meanwhile, you may want to consider simply getting a different email app. There are lots in the App Store.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2022 10:39 AM in response to joeyboat

joeyboat wrote:

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for suggestions or feedback. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

You should always buy whatever tool best meets your needs. But, meanwhile, you may want to consider simply getting a different email app. There are lots in the App Store.

Accidentally marked all my emails as junk - Nuclear bomb to emails!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.