Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Crashes in Browser and Files App

It seems that pdf viewing in IOS is having troubles again. I'm running 15.4 on iPhone 13. Random pdfs in the safari and chrome app will refresh and "A problem repeatedly occurred" will pop up. These pdfs are construction drawings and are 24"x36" or 30"x42" although I don't think that has anything to do with it as others open fine.

I tried getting around this by downloading them directly to the phone and opening them in the Files or Adobe app. There they will refresh 5 times and then not open.

My workaround is to open them in the Books app but to accomplish this is quite cumbersome and not efficient in the least bit. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:57 AM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2022 11:21 AM in response to robertsb41

Hello robertsb41,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to view PDF files on your iPhone. To help with this, please restart your iPhone and then try turning on Reduce Motion and Limit Frame Rate in Settings > Accessibility > Motion and test again:

Customize iPhone for motion sensitivities

Cheers!

PDF Crashes in Browser and Files App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.