Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot erase pictures from my iphone

I am trying to delete pictures from iPhone. they are already on my Mac but the Mac is not giving me an option to erase the pictures from my iPhone

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:59 AM

Hey there,

If you add photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by connecting your device to your computer, you can't delete them directly from your device in the Photos app. If you see the gray Trash button  when you try to delete a photo from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might need to stop syncing photos from your computer. Learn how to stop syncing photos from your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Ropolito

Hey there,

If you add photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by connecting your device to your computer, you can't delete them directly from your device in the Photos app. If you see the gray Trash button  when you try to delete a photo from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might need to stop syncing photos from your computer. Learn how to stop syncing photos from your computer.

I cannot erase pictures from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.