Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app HDCP message

I have rented a movie on Apple TV app but every time I try to watch it it says the message of HDCP and I've tried so many things to help. Any suggestions besides restarting computer, app, clearing tv cache, etc.,.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 3:39 PM

Is this about the TV app on your Mac? HDCP is about the video connection between decoder and screen.

- Do you try to watch it on the built-in screen? External screens could have HDCP issues, either with the cabling, screen, or adapters.

- Has your Mac video circuitry ever been broken and repaired?

- Have your tried with minimal peripherals attached, in case one of those interfere?

Else the error message itself might be erroneous. Then contact Apple Support about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 3:39 PM in response to fruitypebbleskrispies

Is this about the TV app on your Mac? HDCP is about the video connection between decoder and screen.

- Do you try to watch it on the built-in screen? External screens could have HDCP issues, either with the cabling, screen, or adapters.

- Has your Mac video circuitry ever been broken and repaired?

- Have your tried with minimal peripherals attached, in case one of those interfere?

Else the error message itself might be erroneous. Then contact Apple Support about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV app HDCP message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.